Testing Application Guidelines
General guidelines for applying and taking the ARRT Limited Scope of Practice in Radiology examination and the Bone Densitometry Equipment Operator examination within the state of Tennessee.
IMPORTANT: You can only have 1 application open at a time. You must wait to receive your scores before you can submit another application.
The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) has contracted with Pearson VUE testing centers throughout the nation, including the state of Tennessee, to administer the Limited Scope and Bone Densitometry examinations. All examinations are administered by way of computer based testing. All individuals wishing to sit for either of these ARRT examinations in Tennessee must apply with Limited Scope Testing (LST).
STEP-BY-STEP instructions to sit for the ARRT Limited Scope and Bone Densitometry examinations.
- Complete the LST application using ARRT guidelines for acceptable identification.
- Pay the $125 application fee by check or online, mail or fax the application with a copy of the course completion certificate for each exam. Your application will not be approved without them.
- LST reviews your application and determines if you are eligible for the ARRT Limited Scope Examination. Examinations are administered for LST by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists® (ARRT®). The status of your exam eligibility is forwarded to ARRT. You will be sent an email from LST with further instructions to complete your ARRT application.
- When you complete your examination, your answers are automatically transmitted to ARRT. You should receive your scores directly from LST by email within the 2 weeks following your examination date. Call LST if you do not.
- If a student wishes to cancel an application while it is still in the LST office, a 50% refund is made.
- Any dates missed by the student without following proper re-windowing guidelines results in forfeiture of fees and requires repeat application by way of the entire application cycle.
For further information
- Call our office 615-292-5006